The Most Scalable and Cost-Effective Delivery
Cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS)
We offer our solution on a software-as-a-service (SaaS) model delivered from the cloud and over the web. This model offers a number of distinct benefits:
- You do not need any dedicated hardware to use the Clinigence solution
- Your staff can access our service from any web browser with an Internet connection
- Ultra-fast and extremely cost-effective implementation
- Unparalleled scalability - we currently serve more than 300 practices, about 1,000 care providers and over 3.5 million patient records through our platform and we can double our capacity in a matter of hours
- Superior disaster recovery and business continuity at a fraction of the cost of building it yourself
- Easy integration with 3rd parties (integrate once; use many)
- Easy collaboration and data sharing across organizations
To aggregate data from multiple disparate and distributed sources Clinigence has developed a grid architecture based on deployment of small footprint software agents (ClinAgent™) in proximity to the source systems. ClinAgent™ can run on standard Windows boxes (other options available) with fast network access to the source system. ClinAgent™ extracts the data from the source system and transmits it securely and efficiently to the Clinigence cloud.
Implementation Overview and Typical Timeline
The implementation of a single practice (single EHR) follows the steps below:
- EHR Integration - if this is the first time Clinigence integrates with the EHR application, this may take 4-8 weeks. Otherwise, this step is skipped.
- ClinAgent™ Install - 1 hour or less.
- Initial Load - depending on practice size, amount of data stored in EHR database, etc. this may be done overnight or up to a couple of weeks.
- Initial Data Mapping/Initial Reports - time varies depending on the EHR, charting practices and the metrics required, but on average this takes 2-4 hours per report. If multiple practices are on the same EHR the effort diminishes considerably after the 3rd or 4th practice.
- Report Verification - this is an iterative process that typically takes 2-3 calls with the practice during which time more data mappings may be made based on feedback from the practice and best practices of documentation are shared with the practice.
- Go Live - ClinAgent is scheduled to perform incremental updates nightly (other options available); fresh reports are available daily through our online dashboard.
If there are multiple practices with multiple EHR systems the above process can be staggered or parallelized based on resource availability. We have recently implemented an ACO with 200 physicians, 25 offices and 4 different EHR systems (2 new EHR integrations) in less than 60 days.